Thursday 14 June 2012

An Unusual Love

thethemeis: Shame
theauthoris: Aaron Twentythree

   A lot of people I talk to about this ask me if I've ever had sex with women, and if I think I'd enjoy it. Of course I have. Hasn't everyone? It was ok, but it's not what I want. It's not what my body needs. I heard someone say once, 'the heart just wants what the heart wants,' and that's exactly true. I can't change the way I am just to suit the warped perceptions of others. If they have a problem with what I enjoy in my private life, then that's their issue to deal with, not mine. They should mind their own business. I don't go barging into their houses telling them how to chop their onions.

   But still, the shame eats me up. I can't reveal to anyone new what I'm into. I'm sure a lot of people would be fine with it, but there's a heartless few who would scoff and judge and treat me like a freak, an animal that should be caged up. Only a few close friends know just how deep this goes. I certainly can't tell my parents, they'd disown me for sure. They're so hung up on what the neighbours think of them that I'd be excommunicated before I could even say, 'I'm sorry, but...'

   So instead, I'm writing it down. Once and for all, I'm admitting that the love that I've found in life is less usual than you'd expect from someone who is in every other respect as everyday and normal as I am. I'm telling the world, and if the world doesn't want to deal with it then that's the world's problem. I'm shedding the shame, so that others just like me can follow suit without fear or delay.

   Here it is, for you to get over:

   I am in love with my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment